Sunday, September 20, 2009

"I Am An Afrikkan"


I am an Afrikkan...my skin...dark as molasses uncured...my stature that of a warrior challenged in a combative surrounding...unleashed by motivation of a scavenger targeted souly on me...
I speak in over 400 dialects of humanity and symbolism
The purity of my blood and it's ancestry..the calouses on
my feet account for the miles ive traveled to feed my seed
I am an Afrikkan..on my back..it is vined in disbelief and
in triumph...enslaved in captivity..if you take an ear..
You can visulaize my sorrow and listen to my cries
I am An Afrikkan..the diamonds in Sierra Leone never fed me..the waters in Nigeria never quenched my thirst..
the trees in Tanzania never sheltered me from the heat waves..and the elephants in Moritania never offered me a ride..Im an Afrikkan..We are Survivers..We are people..We are beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment